This area, on the west side of Gully Road, was farmed by William Guppy and Ann Carrington Guppy from about 1850 to 1880. William was born in Somerset, England in 1807 and emigrated in 1830. Ann was born in Yorkshire, England in 1827. They were married in Skaneateles in 1844. Ann died in 1881, and William died the following year.
The 57.67-acre Guppy Farm parcel was purchase by the Town of Skaneateles from Kathleen Evans on January 18, 2002. This parcel was later (between 2008 and 2014) combined with 2.05-acre Bishop land and adjacent 3.73-acre portion of the Federal Farm property on the west side of Gully Road, so that the combined parcel comprises 63.43 acres according to the 2014 county tax map.
- Grayscale images (1938, 1951 & 1966) are from the Cornell University Library.
- The 1995 infrared image and the 2012 color image are from the USGS.
- Bill Pavlus, “Record of Acquisitions”