Skaneateles Conservation Area Advisory Committee meeting agenda
Monday, September 21, 2015, 7:30 PM
- Report that the Guppy Falls railing project is done. Matt, and the rest of Troop 66 did a very impressive job. Thanks to Bob Sykes for providing the (heavy) lumber that the troop carried up the hill by hand (along with the gravel).
- Troop 66 will also be providing a Scout to provide GPS updates for our maps, including accurate distances and corrections for trails that have drifted. Are there any areas of concern that he should concentrate on?
- Members of the ESF faculty have shown interest in providing some students from their ConBioSynthesis class to work on a management plan project for the Skaneateles Conservation Area during the Winter/Spring 2016 semester.
- Brush hogging of the trails was cancelled for the season due to the maturity of swallowwort along the trails. Mowing at this point might spread the seeds all over the area.
- Contacted DEC about pesticide guidance for invasive species problems. They passed our information on to the Finger Lakes PRISM, who have yet to respond. They should be contacted at this point.
- Ash-seed-collection training will continue at Green Lakes on Sep. 29. Seed collection should take place soon thereafter.
- Next meeting Oct. 19.