Skaneateles Conservation Area Advisory Committee meeting agenda
Monday, June 15, 2015
- Report on highway department work on Thursday May 21:
- Cleared most of Phragmites. Will need to do rest by hand.
- Added stone, topsoil and seed around pavilion.
- Removed brush piles along trails.
- Mowed Scout Field.
- Straightened kiosk by Old Seneca Turnpike parking lot.
- Report on swallowwort cutting on Tuesday May 26:
- Ken and Randy weed-ate and scythed pale swallowwort on several Federal Farm trails.
- Will need to be repeated periodically through summer to ensure it does not go to seed.
- This is probably not a permanent solution, but may slow the spread somewhat.
- Discuss getting someone certified as a pesticide applicator to work on this and other problems.
- Report on trail identification subcommittee meeting on Wednesday May 27:
- Fred, Ken, Tom & Randy met to discuss identification of all trails for safety, planning and maintenance purposes.
- We agreed that we should have an identification system for trails and possibly intersections.
- Report on HGCNY tour on Saturday June 13 and invitation to committee to attend the Saturday June 20 tour.
- Discuss plans for the Fishing Derby to be held on Saturday, July 18.