PDF: Feb. 2016 minutes
Skaneateles Conservation Area Advisory Committee meeting agenda
Monday, February 15, 2016, 7:00 PM
- Planned meeting with George Spak sometime Thursday, February 18 to get a more accurate measurement of the Phragmites clones around the lower beaver pond.
- The RFP for Phragmites treatment was received Thursday, February 11 from FL-PRISM. It’s due on March 18, and up to $5000 can be requested.
- Scout projects
- Eagle Scout candidate Justin Wolford will present his trail stair proposal.
- Eagle Scout candidate Andrew Marsh is still working of the GPS update project.
- Conservation plan
- Presentation to ESF conservation biology class on Feb. 3rd. (Some students may attend this meeting)
- Tree planting
- Jim Lanning proposed planting a tree nursery near Federal Farm parking area on the land currently being farmed by the Cargiles.
- It would start with small inexpensive seedlings to be used for future replacement of Ash trees once they are lost to the Emerald Ash Borer.
- He wanted to know our thoughts on such a project as well as the town-wide tree planting initiative that he mentioned last week.
- Ideas about planting a windbreak by the parking lot.
- Ideas for honoring Bill Pavlus