Skaneateles Conservation Area Advisory Committee meeting agenda
Monday, April 27, 2015
- Boy Scout Projects. Marcellus Troop 66 Scoutmaster Brian Winoski will attend to discuss:
- Guppy Falls overlook railing. Eagle candidate Matt Winoski will present his written plan for our approval.
- Federal Farm observation deck steps (northern approach) Eagle project.
- Three planting. Thanks!
- Trail distance measuring for maps.
- Tree-planting report and plans. See 2015 tree planting.
- About 250 bare-root tree seedlings have been planted this Spring so far
- About 150 bare-root tree seedlings will be planted next month.
- Trail marking, naming, and mapping.
- Many trails have the same color blazes and no other clear identifier to distinguish them from each other.
- Open trails have no markers.
- Names for trails and “blocks” or “fields” and markers for them could help for management planning purposes.
- Fishing derby plans.
- HGCNY tours will feature problem areas and solutions including wildflower and forest restoration:
- June 13th at 10 AM (with Greg McGee)
- June 20th at 10 AM
- Turkey season signs.