PDF: Mar. 2016 minutes
Skaneateles Conservation Area Advisory Committee meeting agenda
Monday, April 18, 2016, 7:00 PM. Skaneateles Town Hall.
- Phragmites control plan status – FL-PRISM grant decisions are expected starting tomorrow (Apr. 15)
- BioBlitz plans April 23-24 (https://www.facebook.com/SkaneatelesConservationAreaBioblitz/).
- The event is open to the public.
- BioBlitz participants are asked not to bring dogs with them.
- ESF requests that the dogs of other users be kept on leashes during both days so as not to interfere with wildlife observations. Dog pals (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1736984879856370/permalink/1770977346457123/) members were informed with positive responses.
- Hours will be dawn to dusk Saturday. Some groups will need to work well after dark for insect collection, etc.
- Hours on Sunday will be dawn to about 5pm.
- They will be reserving the pavilion for the two days.
- Catch and release fishing is encouraged during the event – they ask that anglers report their catch at the pavilion.
- Tree-planting plans
- Brush mower was purchased. Stored at transfer station.
- Invasive species management internship progress – 3 resumes received – tours/interviews scheduled for this Saturday and next Friday (Apr. 16 & 22). All are invited to attend.
- Plans to honor those responsible for obtaining SCA properties (Nancy)
- Report on open-space plans (Dave)
- Review of the 1996 landfill closure certification report shows that a variance was obtained by the town to reduce the depth of the protective layer that lies between the topsoil and the geomembrane from the standard 2-ft. to only 1-ft. It seems that this could change the recommendation for what should be allowed to grow on the landfill and how often it should be mowed.
- What did I miss?